We’re looking for a skilled and experienced Front-End Engineer to join our team and help build our growing software platform. As a member of our engineering team, you will work through unique challenges involving user-friendly web-based knowledge platform to help learner to develop optimized insights and deeper comprehension. At FUVI, we believe in using the best tool for the job. While we’re always looking to improve our toolbox, right now in this role, those technologies currently include:
- React/React Native
If you’re the right candidate, you’ll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Build considerate interfaces from prototypes, faithfully representing the product owner’s intent while adding your own touch.
- Ensure a scalable platform by evolving architecture and tech stack together.
- Know delivery goals, make yourself familiar with the team roadmaps.
- Care about accessibility and progressive enhancement while still pushing the boundaries of devices and browsers.
- Integrate your front-end work with some server-side technology, such as Django, GO or Node.js.
- Collaborate well directly with backend, UX and product team, balancing team communication to ensure our products meet and exceed design and business requirements.
Additional responsibilities include defining REST API’s, working on code reviews, automated tests, continuous integration, etc. Innovation, thinking outside the box and challenging the status are highly desired.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you’ll at least need:
- Education. Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields.
- User-centered thinking is a must.
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking, intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn.
- Experience with multimedia streaming protocols such as WebRTC/m, RTSP/RTP, MP4, TS/PES, H.26x, G.7xx, AAC is a big plus.
- Ability to communicate complex, technical details to non-technical stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Interest and desire to learn new skills and do things they have never done before.
- Advanced knowledge of common web technologies (HTTP, DNS, REST/JSON, OAuth2).
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (asynchronous request handling, data binding, partial page update).
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of Microservices and APIs.
- Experience with Automated testing.
- Good understanding of optimizing the delivery of assets (e.g., images, fonts) to browsers or devices (e.g., lazy loading assets, CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
- Good eye for design aesthetics and attention to detail.
FUVI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that’s all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don’t tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.