We’re looking for a skilled and experienced Solutions Architect to join our team and help lay the groundwork for our growing software platform. A Solutions Architect who will directly support and work as a hands-on technical contributor. They will solve complex data-centric problems by using analytical thinking and development tools. They will bring proven industry experience and creative thinking to the role. They will exploit both proven and new techniques. At FUVI, we believe in using the best tool for the job. While we’re always looking to improve, in this role, those tools currently include:
- Django REST framework
If you’re the right candidate, you’ll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Build highly scalable, maintainable services and solve interesting problems with code.
- Drive and shape the architecture of our patented cognitive platform.
- Design and implement new features for internal and external users, and refactor existing systems under tight deadlines.
- Work with a wide range of technologies and to solve problems in sustainable ways – high-performance system design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, video codification, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code review, environment configuration, and testing.
- Experienced with working in a start-up, collaborate comfortably and effectively with product, design, front-end, machine learning, and operation teams.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter to create a cohesive and easy to use application across all platforms.
This is a highly visible position, requiring a candidate to possibly interact directly with executive-level managers. The candidate will be able to look across a variety of data sources to devise proven yet inventive ways of organizing, consolidating, and optimizing how the technologies will be used and why. To be successful in this role with us, you’ll at least need:
- Education. Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering/Science or related fields.
- Skill. Not only bring the key skills of an engineer, but also those of an analyst, architect, programmer, communicator, operations engineer and trusted adviser.
- Experience. Proven experience with building and deploying a large Web application, typically via two to five years of work in this field.
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking, intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn.
- Experience with multimedia streaming protocols such as WebRTC/m, RTSP/RTP, MP4, TS/PES, H.26x, G.7xx, AAC is a big plus.
- Strong application development background using Django/Python framework.
- Strong experience in SQL or Non-SQL database systems.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS, GCP, and/or Azure services.
- Strong experience with synchronous and asynchronous interfaces (celery) and good understanding of microservice API development.
- Strong experience using Amazon Web Services for development and production environment.
- Strong experience using the Django REST Framework.
- Strong experience with API contract (OAS 3.0), API content (jsonapi.org 1.0), JSON Schema (json-schema.org), API naming, OAuth 2.0 authorization.
- Good understanding of optimizing the delivery of assets (e.g., images, fonts) to browsers or devices (e.g., lazy loading assets, CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with data manipulation, data analytics and data visualization tools (e.g. Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit Learn, TensorFlow, Hive, Kibana, R).
- Knowledgeable about other cutting-edge technologies and able to suggest integration cloud solutions.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Jira and Git.
- Comfortable with web and application server operation.
FUVI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that’s all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don’t tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.